Friday, January 16, 2009

I haven't been blogging daily. I am sorry. Each day seems pleasantly the same. I wake up to the sound of the ocean. I drink a few cups of coffee while sitting on the porch, glancing at the ocean while turning a page of Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama. When I see a rainbow I grab my camera and take a picture (there were four rainbows yesterday morning). Yesterday, Ken's mom invited me to lunch with her group of yoga friends (They do yoga on the beach twice a week) we had a great time. Then I took a nap listening to the palm leaves frolicking in the breeze. We went to the CG base exchange to buy wine and to the Super Coop for supper supplies. I made a fine veggie soup, biscuits, and chocolate butter cookies. I followed my two blogs and felt I should blog, if for no other reason than the act of blogging itself. It would be easy to fall out of the habit. So there it is my day yesterday.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

i'm so envious! first of all, i love the beach. it's where i'd happily have my dream house, which is simply a cottage on/near the beach.
and the easy going days: i lived in bermuda many years ago for 8 months...gosh, everytime i read your blog, i am gripped by the--i can't think of the right word--atmosphere? attitude? peacefulness?--anyway, i just envy you!

Unknown said...

Which way from here? I think you are THERE. Stay as long as possible! I hope Ken is feeling better...maybe he played around in that manure too much!
Hazel, Jack and I are headed to the fair tonight!
Cotton candy, elephant ears and candy apples are on the menu for dinner! YUM.
I really loved you last cloud photo...I agree with you on the great grain and contrast!