Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Off the subject

This blog was created to track our travels. I have talked myself out of blogging about Eagle vs. Shark and M. Ward several times but decided that today was the day to just blog it. It may be a stretch but it could be our minds travel with music and movies.... So it sort of fits the blogs purpose.

We watched Eagle vs. Shark a couple days before leaving Juneau. It is a beautifully simple movie, about ordinary interesting people, in ordinary situations (sort of). I was surprised to learn that this movie came out in 2007 so you may have seen in already. If you haven't and you aren't tired (not a movie to watch tired. Ken fell asleep and he was enjoying it.)you should check it out. Keep in mind that you may not agree with my movie tastes, but if you liked Amelie or Penelope you most likely will like this one.

M. Ward is my current favorite musician. I discovered him a few months ago and can't stop listening to him. His lyrics and voice are haunting in a good way. Each time I listen to his songs I hear something new I haven't noticed before. I hope to see him live one day. He is playing in Seattle in March... 
www.mwardmusic.com

I decided to blog Eagle vs. Shark  and M. Ward together because one of M. Wards songs is used in this lovely movie during an animated
(real life animation)scene towards the end of the movie. It was interesting to see the two fit together, the music I have been enjoying and this movie that stands out from the pack. Both are compelling.

If you have an opinion of Eagle vs. Shark or M. Ward I would be glad to read it. Please add a comment.

4 comments:

Anji Gallanos said...

Jen- I loved Eagle vs Shark. It's one of my favorite movies ever. I off to listen to M Ward on I tunes...maybe you'll give me something to download.

Cathy said...

ok; i'm off to netflix to add this movie to my queue!

Unknown said...

no, YOU'RE adorable!
I must say, you are keeping me on my toes...I feel terrible if I go a few days w/o posting something. Maybe we can move towards our joint visual blog? It wouldn't be too bad now that we are both in the habit. Oh, and it's the new year! Perfect! Are you in?!

Jenyfer said...

I'm in! We will have to think of a new name now that I am not in Alaska...