Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My snow parka sure came in handy

While packing in Juneau I was torn between two coats. My trusty snow parka and my beautiful new red wool coat Ken gave me for Christmas. I really wanted to pack the red wool coat but the reports of blizzards in the Northeast made me think the snow parka might be the better choice. In the end practicality/the snow parka won. 

Traveling and changing planes four times with this huge coat was annoying. I had to put it under the seat in front of me along with my backpack and I was wearing my big snow boots (Extra Tuffs). The space was cramped. Arriving in NY I decided the snow parka wasn't the best choice, it was in the 60's.

Today is our fifth day in NY and I am glad to have my snow parka and boots. It snowed all through the night and into the morning. We walked to get a bagel in a beautiful white fluffy snow and then shoveled the driveway. 

Snow is the best. It makes me want t sing the song Snow, Snow, Snow from the movie White Christmas. Only if Bing Crosby were here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome.
That sounds so nice, a walk in the snow for bagels!
I'm glad you had the proper equipment...I go through the same struggles when packing, I'm glad there's another psycho out there!

Jenyfer said...

I am pleased to know I am in good/the best company!

Cathy said...

well good for you; i probably would not have taken the parka!
no new snow here. but it's zero degrees on my back deck!
brrr.
send bagels....