Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finished Mosaic

May 7th was our third anniversary. Before our Ann. I did some research to get ideas. I found a website that suggested traditionally for the third year leather and mirror were given as gifts.

I first purchased a leather messenger bag/briefcase. I didn't like it so I sent it back. I then contacted a local mirror store and they gave me their scrap glass for free. I then printed the design and transfered it to wood about 34" x 34". Then the slow process of cutting the mirror and gluing each piece in place. This process took over two months. I just grouted it on Monday. I am very pleased with the results.

4 comments:

Heatherteacher said...

thats beautiful jeni! congratulations!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I was so intrigued by the design in black that I didn't see the 2 little birds at first! Did you do the design and birds in glass? I love it. Where will it go?

Jenyfer said...

Thank you ladies!
The dark area of the three's is the back side of the mirror, the silver is of coarse the front side of the mirror, and the birds are blue tile. I used black or charcoal grout... and that's that :)

lane said...

Wow Jen! That's beautiful. You have such awesome talent.