Thursday, February 26, 2009

Saluda, NC

Some of our very dear friends from St. Augustine moved to Saluda, NC about the same time we moved to Juneau, AK. We hadn't seen them in over two years. I would say they are my benefactors -- they have purchased several of my paintings and have always encouraged me to become a famous painter. They live up in the mountains of NC. We went on a much needed and beautiful hike to a distant waterfall. We caught up on time passed and plans or lack of them for the near future. We ate amazing food, drank delicious wine. It was wonderful to be able to catch up and experience a part of this grand country I had never seen.


1 comment:

random notes said...

You certainly captured the spirit of the North Carolina mountains in your photos. Love the self portrait... simple yet strong with character.