Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a day!

We started our day frantically cleaning to have everything in order for our 11:30 Realtor walk-through the door bell rings at 10:30 and a stream of Realtors check out our sort of empty, sort of clean house. We weren't supposed to be here...whoops. So we decide to go to Barnes & Noble where we met Justin & Kati and discussed what to do if one is confronted by a bear? We moved the bear debate to the Casa Monica where Laura and I had made plans for lunch. It was a great lunch and I look forward to getting the new Apple ipod phone pda/bear tranquillizer that should be on shelves next Christmas "The Alaskan". On our way home a realtor called to let Ken know they were bringing people by today at 5:00 so I cleaned and showered to be out of the house before they arrived and as I am drying my hair (half dressed) I hear people...hello, anyone there...AAGH it's only 3:00! I dressed quickly and stood sheepishly in the corner while strangers wondered around. I am glad I won't be here for the viewing process it is awkward.

Our replacement winter gear arrived today I am going to rock Alaska with my new -30 degree winter boots and my sea breeze colored windproof fleece.

1 comment:

Laura said...

"The Alaskan" indeed! I think you're on to something. It was a fabulous lunch today and I'm so excited for you and Ken! I talked to my mom today and she wishes you 2 all the best and she hopes you love it. Apparently, my grandparents went to Juneau once in the summer and almost died from the heat so there is a chance for some BDD!!! I will miss you both but I know you will have a blast!